Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Tales of a Pale American Girl...

Olivia, I think you can relate to this. So far, I have been asked the same exact question five times: Why are you so pale when you live in such a sunny place (aka, the USA)? I then lift up my shirt , showing my paper white stomach, to explain that this IS me tan and that I spent a whole week tanning on the beach before I came. That just increases that shocked factor.  I hope you can see my "tan" in the picture I posted.  It's something, right?  My host sister says that they just have to paint me. My other relatives asked me if I go outside in the USA. Gotta love my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I can see a tan. I'd compare arms with you just to make you feel better, if I could. ;) Just tell them you don't want to be all wrinkly when you get old.

    ReplyDelete